Build a City!
Create and manipulate bricks to build a large city full of different types of structures. Invite someone inside.
Pick a brick from the box
Attach it to the base plate
Add other bricks, to build a large city out of LEGO Braille Bricks that can be seen from far, far away, and even from the sky!
Give someone a guided tour of your city!
How to prepare
A base plate
Ask player about where they grew up.
Compare and discuss size and types of homes and buildings, urban space/country living
Suggest building representation of hometown city or neighborhood
Suggest adding minifigures to the city, for play!
Build only a few buildings, a neighborhood
Build a small village with only houses (one brick for one house)
Use several bricks as foundations for the same building
Add other base plates and play with peer to make a giant city!
Children will develop these holistic skills
- Use and produce representations of solids and spatial situations
- Use spoken language to develop understanding through speculating, hypothesizing, imagining and exploring ideas
- Recognize and use notions of alignment, right angle, equality of lengths, middle, symmetry
- Implement an artistic project
- Anticipate potential problems, identify steps for resolution including alternative solutions
Did you know?
Creative skills - coming up with ideas, expressing them and transforming them into reality by creating associations, symbolizing and representing ideas and providing meaningful experience for others.
Pre-braille activity groups
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: MANIPULATION
Discover and get used to the bricks, learn how to handle, assemble and put them on the base plate.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: ORIENTATION
Learn how to position the bricks on the base plate and be aware that their orientation is important.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: CONSTELLATION
Discover the braille cell and how studs are arranged in two columns. Learn how to differentiate the studs.