Recognize movement and notions of alignment. Build a road made for marble navigation and play.
Explore the base plate to find the edges of the road being built.
Finish the road construction using the bricks from the bowl.
Let your marble roll safely on your road, from one end to the other.
Have a free play session!
How to prepare
1 base plate
16 or more random bricks
Place one horizontal brick in the top left corner of the base plate, and another one 2 spaces below.
Place the other bricks in the bowl.
Ask “Where does your road go?”.
Ask “What’s going on over there?”.
Change marble size or use a ball: adapt space between the sides of the road.
Extend the road and create turns.
Peer play: build together.
Download & print
Children will develop these holistic skills
- Recognize and use notions of alignment, right angle, equality of lengths, middle, symmetry
- Organize objects in play: Play with several different hand-held toys
- Develop finger isolation: single fingers use
- Recognize movement: go, start, stop, fast, slow, push, pull, scribble, draw, trace, bend, close, open, slide, roll(roll up), fold, hold, insert, place (put), put together, reach, sit, squeeze, turn, take apart, follow
- Anticipate potential problems, identify steps for resolution including alternative solutions
Did you know?
Play gives children opportunity to develop skills, to learn, to solve problems and grow healthy relationships.
Spatial skills allow us to imagine objects in our minds and rotate or manipulate them, and to navigate them.
Pre-braille activity groups
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: MANIPULATION
Discover and get used to the bricks, learn how to handle, assemble and put them on the base plate.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: ORIENTATION
Learn how to position the bricks on the base plate and be aware that their orientation is important.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: CONSTELLATION
Discover the braille cell and how studs are arranged in two columns. Learn how to differentiate the studs.