Complete the alphabet. Find and replace the missing letters. Discover various problem-solving methods.
Track the lines on the base plate with your index fingers.
Read the letters.
Pick and place the correct bricks from the bowl to complete the alphabet.
How to prepare
1 base plate
26 letter bricks, from “A” to “Z”
Arrange the bricks in alphabetical order on the base plate, leaving an empty space between each letter.
Remove 1 or more bricks and place them in the bowl.
Ask “How can you be sure you completed the alphabet correctly?”.
Ask “What was your strategy for identifying the missing letters?”.
Change the number of missing letters.
Add extra bricks to the bowl.
Place letters incorrectly on the base plate.
Download & print
Children will develop these holistic skills
- Enrich the lexicon, acquire grammatical and lexical spelling: Spell further homophones, words that are often misspelt (words containing various phonemes, common exception words, the days of the week, name the letters of the alphabet, using letter names to distinguish between alternative spellings of the same sound, learning to spell common exception words)
- Use hands and fingers in braille reading: Use two hands to track braille, from left to right
- Describe an organization produced or observed
- Name logical relationships
- Solicit information/assistance from appropriate persons in various settings
Did you know?
Engaged learners demonstrate motivation and commitment towards their learning, often extending themselves beyond set goals and expectations.
Please be reminded of our community guidelines
to comment on this activity
0 comments to this activity
Login to post your comment!
Login to your existing profile or create a new profile in order to leave a comment on this activity.
Braille activity groups
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: CHARACTERS
Learn braille letters, numbers, mathematic symbols and punctuation signs and know how to read and write them.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: LITERACY
Assemble characters brick by brick and play with words in order to develop the ability to read and write.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: NUMERACY
Assemble characters, play with numbers and develop the ability to do basic mathematics and geometry.
Quick activity finder