Recognize letter bricks and make their sounds. Track a row and sing a rhythm to match the pattern that is found.
Track the line of bricks with your index fingers.
Pronounce each letter as you touch it.
Make a beat box sound (e.g. “bing” or “bang” ...) for each brick that is not a letter.
How to prepare
1 base plate
10 letter bricks, from “A” to “J”
10 Classic LEGO bricks (4x2)
Align 11 bricks across the top of the base plate, alternating Classic and braille bricks and leaving a space between each of them.
Place the other bricks in the bowl.
Ask “How can you tell the difference between letters and the other bricks?”.
Suggest “Imagine and sing a song or a rhythm”.
Suggest “Tell a story in relation to your song”.
Change the number of letters/rows/spaces/columns.
Change the pattern /rhythms.
Encourage personal creation of musical composition.
Children will develop these holistic skills
- Imagine graphic representations to organize a succession of sounds and sound events
- Develop an interest in art, works of art
- Listen and respond appropriately to adults and peers: Adapt speaker/listener postures: accept turns, wait to speak
- Use hands and fingers in braille reading: Use two hands to track braille, from left to right
- Improve auditory awareness skills: Isolate sounds/words/phrases among environmental sounds
Did you know?
Creative activities - coming up with ideas, expressing them and transforming them into reality by creating associations, symbolizing and representing ideas can provide meaningful experience for others.
Teachers can create learning environments that empower young children to realize their potential.
Braille activity groups
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: CHARACTERS
Learn braille letters, numbers, mathematic symbols and punctuation signs and know how to read and write them.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: LITERACY
Assemble characters brick by brick and play with words in order to develop the ability to read and write.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: NUMERACY
Assemble characters, play with numbers and develop the ability to do basic mathematics and geometry.