3-digit Number Rectangle
Increase understanding and place value of 3-digit numbers tracking bricks in row, column and diagonal formations.
1. Find and read all the 3-digit numbers in the rectangle: they can be read in row, column or diagonal format.
How to prepare
• 1 base plate
• 9 random number bricks (some may be the same number)
• 1 number sign brick
Make a 3 by 3 grid on the base plate with the 9 bricks leaving spaces between for easier reading the numbers.
Place the number sign brick in the top left corner of the base plate to indicate the bricks are numbers.
• Tactile examination of the bricks requires more time than visual perception. Allow plenty of time for exploration!
• Ask “How can you make this activity more fun? More interactive?”.
• Ask “How can you play this activity with your friends?”.
• Change the number of bricks.
• Change instructions: read the 3-digit numbers backwards, find a prime number, the largest/smallest 3-digit number, a multiple of 5, only numbers that include the middle brick …
Download & print
Children will develop these holistic skills
- Use numbers to show a rank, a position: Recognize the place value of each digit in a four-digit number (thousands, hundreds, tens, and ones)
- Learn how to track with fingers: a line of braille and locate the next line, using two hand separately
- Learn through action, observation, analysis of personal action and observed activity: Learn to preplan actions
- Follow courteous behavior
Did you know?
• Despite numeracy being serious business, it can be learned in many playful engaging ways.
Please be reminded of our community guidelines
to comment on this activity
0 comments to this activity
Login to post your comment!
Login to your existing profile or create a new profile in order to leave a comment on this activity.
Braille activity groups
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: CHARACTERS
Learn braille letters, numbers, mathematic symbols and punctuation signs and know how to read and write them.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: LITERACY
Assemble characters brick by brick and play with words in order to develop the ability to read and write.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: NUMERACY
Assemble characters, play with numbers and develop the ability to do basic mathematics and geometry.
Quick activity finder