Add, Subtract, Multiply
Improve math skills; complete calculations with number bricks “0” thru “9”; plan and carry out multiple operations.
Take 2 bricks.
Add their numbers (the answer can be said or written).
How to prepare
1 base plate
1 number sign brick
Number sign is located on the top left corner of the base plate to indicate the bricks represent numbers.
Place all the other bricks in the bowl.
This activity can be:
o A math exercise,
o A competitive game, between 2 or more children,
o A warm-up activity for the whole class,
Ask “How can you more efficiently perform this activity?”.
Add a timer.
The child takes 4 bricks and carries out the activity with two 2-digit numbers.
Children will develop these holistic skills
- Calculate with numbers: Add and subtract numbers with up to 3 digits
- Calculate with numbers: Use multiplication tables to multiply and divide
- Learn through action, observation, analysis of personal action and observed activity: Appropriate methods and tools to learn
- Plan and carry out routine or non-routine activities requiring multiple steps
- Follow courteous behavior
Did you know?
Learning goes beyond memorizing academic content, by highlighting that children need to develop a breadth of skills. A holistic approach which also includes their physical, social, emotional, cognitive and creative skills is essential.
Braille activity groups
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: CHARACTERS
Learn braille letters, numbers, mathematic symbols and punctuation signs and know how to read and write them.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: LITERACY
Assemble characters brick by brick and play with words in order to develop the ability to read and write.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: NUMERACY
Assemble characters, play with numbers and develop the ability to do basic mathematics and geometry.