3-digit Number Sorting
Comparison of 3-digit numbers to determine place value. Create strategy to manipulate and organize bricks.
1. Read the 4 three-digit numbers on the base plate.
2. Move each 3-digit number to the bottom of the base plate from the lowest to the highest number.
How to prepare
• 1 base plate
• All the number bricks
• 1 number sign brick
Place the number sign brick in the top left corner of the base plate to indicate the bricks are numbers.
Write 4 three-digit numbers on the base plate.
• Ask “How are you going to organize this task?”
• Reference to the original 4 numbers can be helpful (an identically arranged base plate).
• Change the numbers of digits.
• Change the number of numbers.
• Mix the number of digits.
• Suggest pointing instead of moving bricks.
Download & print
Children will develop these holistic skills
- Use numbers to count, organize, locate, compare: Compare and order numbers; use <, > and = signs, round any number to the nearest 10, 100 or 1000; count backwards (including negative numbers; numbers with up to two decimal places
- Learn through action, observation, analysis of personal action and observed activity: Learn by trial and error, cause and effects
- Engage in solitary play activities for an ability appropriate amount of time
- Identify consequences of behaviors in social interactions
- Anticipate potential problems, identify steps for resolution including alternative solutions
Did you know?
• Active participation by children in learning activities, develops their abilities to collect and process acquired knowledge, analyze and handle problems, communicate and cooperate with others.
Please be reminded of our community guidelines
to comment on this activity
0 comments to this activity
Login to post your comment!
Login to your existing profile or create a new profile in order to leave a comment on this activity.
Braille activity groups
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: CHARACTERS
Learn braille letters, numbers, mathematic symbols and punctuation signs and know how to read and write them.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: LITERACY
Assemble characters brick by brick and play with words in order to develop the ability to read and write.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: NUMERACY
Assemble characters, play with numbers and develop the ability to do basic mathematics and geometry.
Quick activity finder