3-digit Number Sorting
Comparison of 3-digit numbers to determine place value. Create strategy to manipulate and organize bricks.
1. Read the 4 three-digit numbers on the base plate.
2. Move each 3-digit number to the bottom of the base plate from the lowest to the highest number.
How to prepare
• 1 base plate
• All the number bricks
• 1 number sign brick
Place the number sign brick in the top left corner of the base plate to indicate the bricks are numbers.
Write 4 three-digit numbers on the base plate.
• Ask “How are you going to organize this task?”
• Reference to the original 4 numbers can be helpful (an identically arranged base plate).
• Change the numbers of digits.
• Change the number of numbers.
• Mix the number of digits.
• Suggest pointing instead of moving bricks.
Children will develop these holistic skills
- Use numbers to count, organize, locate, compare: Compare and order numbers; use <, > and = signs, round any number to the nearest 10, 100 or 1000; count backwards (including negative numbers; numbers with up to two decimal places
- Learn through action, observation, analysis of personal action and observed activity: Learn by trial and error, cause and effects
- Engage in solitary play activities for an ability appropriate amount of time
- Identify consequences of behaviors in social interactions
- Anticipate potential problems, identify steps for resolution including alternative solutions
Did you know?
• Active participation by children in learning activities, develops their abilities to collect and process acquired knowledge, analyze and handle problems, communicate and cooperate with others.
Braille activity groups
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: CHARACTERS
Learn braille letters, numbers, mathematic symbols and punctuation signs and know how to read and write them.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: LITERACY
Assemble characters brick by brick and play with words in order to develop the ability to read and write.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: NUMERACY
Assemble characters, play with numbers and develop the ability to do basic mathematics and geometry.