Implementation of a multiple-step strategy designed to ask appropriate questions and guess a 3-digit secret number.
Player 1 : Write a secret number using 3 or less bricks, on your base plate.
Player 2 : Guess the secret number by asking relevant questions: e.g. How many bricks are used? Is it an even number? Is the number in the tens place odd or even? Does it start with a 7? Is it higher or lower than 500?
How to prepare
2 base plates
2 number sign brick
Place the number sign brick in the top left corner of each base plate to indicate the bricks are numbers.
Place the remaining bricks in a bowl to share.
Give a base plate to each player.
Suggest manipulation of bricks.
Discuss strategy: “How can you remember all of your questions and answers?”, “Which questions work best?”.
Determine a time limit or a maximum number of questions.
Increase the number of players: more than one player asks questions.
Increase the number of bricks in the secret code.
Download & print
Children will develop these holistic skills
- Solve problems: Engage in an approach, observe, question, manipulate, experiment, make hypotheses, by utilizing familiar mathematical tools or procedure
- Learn through action, observation, analysis of personal action and observed activity: Learn by trial and error, cause and effects
- Control motor skills and emotional commitment to succeed in simple actions
- Identify various leisure activities to be done alone or with other people
- Anticipate potential problems, identify steps for resolution including alternative solutions
Did you know?
Development of cognitive skills helps build effective strategies to tackle complex tasks and identify solutions. Activities requiring concentration, problem solving, and flexible thinking boost children’s cognitive skills.
Please be reminded of our community guidelines
to comment on this activity
0 comments to this activity
Login to post your comment!
Login to your existing profile or create a new profile in order to leave a comment on this activity.
Braille activity groups
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: CHARACTERS
Learn braille letters, numbers, mathematic symbols and punctuation signs and know how to read and write them.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: LITERACY
Assemble characters brick by brick and play with words in order to develop the ability to read and write.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: NUMERACY
Assemble characters, play with numbers and develop the ability to do basic mathematics and geometry.
Quick activity finder