Drawing with Dots
Tactile recognition of dots on a braille brick. Engage and organize a plan in a creative drawing activity.
Use only the dots of the bricks to draw :
a 2D drawing
How to prepare
1 base plate
All the bricks
All the bricks are in the box.
Encourage trial and error activity to improve tactile and manipulation skills. Children may encounter difficulties positioning the dots as they wish.
Suggest sharing and exploring drawings created by peers to discover new techniques and ideas.
Ask "What is the story about your drawing?"
Pre-design a drawing for an example on a base plate.
Free play drawings.
Copy a pre-designed drawing from a base plate.
Download & print
Children will develop these holistic skills
- Tell, express, analyse: Explain how to operate in a realization situation: by stating a few key words describing actions
- Recognize real situations that can be modeled by geometric relationships (alignment, parallelism, perpendicularity, symmetry)
- Develop an interest in art, works of art
- Organize objects in play: Create and engage in creative dramatics and activities (present skits, use puppets)
- Anticipate potential problems, identify steps for resolution including alternative solutions
Did you know?
Adults can join children’s play to extend the learning possibilities through questioning or suggestions.
Guidance may help learners to focus their attention on important features or details in an activity.
Please be reminded of our community guidelines
to comment on this activity
0 comments to this activity
Login to post your comment!
Login to your existing profile or create a new profile in order to leave a comment on this activity.
Braille activity groups
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: CHARACTERS
Learn braille letters, numbers, mathematic symbols and punctuation signs and know how to read and write them.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: LITERACY
Assemble characters brick by brick and play with words in order to develop the ability to read and write.
LEGO® Braille Bricks activities: NUMERACY
Assemble characters, play with numbers and develop the ability to do basic mathematics and geometry.
Quick activity finder